If you want to learn more about Russia, you should visit Vladimir and Suzdal’, two ancient Russian cities which were founded much earlier than Moscow. Vladimir used to be the political and the religious center of Russia in the 13th century. There you can see unique architectural monuments, representing ancient Russia. Suzdal’ has got the best samples of old Russian wooden architecture. Sergiev Posad is a small city where the biggest active monastery of Russia is located - the Holy Trinity Lavra of St Sergius.
The tour starts in Moscow. A guide will be pick you up at a hotel, you will take a car and start the journey (you will have a private transport for the whole tour). First you will head to the city of Sergiev Posad (located 80 km away from Moscow) where you will have a guided tour to the most famous Russian monastery - The Holy Trinity Monastery of St Sergius. After it you will take a car to get to the city of Suzdal’ (about 170 km away from Sergiev Posad). You will have a relaxed evening in Suzdal’, where you will be accommodated at a hotel* and have dinner*.
Day 2In the morning after having breakfast you will have a sightseeing programme in Suzdal’ - you will see the local Kremlin, The Museum of Wooden Architecture (open-air), you will visit a workshop where you will be shown how the most famous Russian doll ‘Matrioshka’ is created. After the city tour in Suzdal’ you will head to Vladimir (it is about 40 minutes driving from Suzdal’) where you will have a city tour and see two most famous and ancient churches, including the Assumption Cathedral of Vladimir which replica you can see in the Moscow Kremlin. You will also visit the Museum of Crystal and Lacquered Miniature. Later you will have time for lunch. Then you will go back to Moscow. The programme ends late evening.
*You will be suggested an accommodation in Vladimir or Suzdal’ depending on the hotels availability and your preferences
The Holy Trinity Monastery (the biggest Russian active monastery) - The Museum of Wooden Architecture In Suzdal’ - The Assumption Cathedral in Vladimir - The Museum of Crystal and Lacquered Miniature in Vladimir - Matrioshka workshop
- Moscow - Sergiev Posad - Suzdal'
- 12.00 Check out from the hotel in Moscow and departure to Sergiev Posad
- 14.00-15.30 The tour to the Holy Trinity Lavra of St.Sergius
- Coffee break/Lunch**
- 16.30 Departure to Suzdal
- ap. 20.30 Arrival and accommodation at a local hotel
- 8.00 Breakfast
- 9.00 Check-out. Departure for the Sightseeing programme in Suzdal
- 11.30 Departure to Vladimir (it is a 40 min. drive)
- 12.30 Sightseeing in Vladimir
- 14.30 Lunch in Vladimir
- 15.30 Departure to Moscow
- ~ 21.00 Return to Moscow
*Coffee break is included, but you can also order a full meal for a small additional fee
- private transport and guide
- excursions and museums tickets
- accommodation for 1 night in Suzdal' or Vladimir
- meals (coffee-break on the 1st day, dinner on the 1st day, breakfast and lunch on the 2nd day)
- 650 Euro per person (min. 2 people are required)**
**If you are more than 2, please write us at email@example.com and we will calculate the price for you